Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Weepies


I've been listening to the latest album by a great band called, The Weepies . The first time I saw them was at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood in 2006. Thier music sounded like a mix between The Indigo Girls and Fountains of Wayne. It was two girls and a guy who had all met eachother along the east coast. The female lead singer and the male guitar player had traveled around Boston and New York playing in different clubs and lived in the Berkshires for a year which I thought was funny because I lived there for 4 years while I was in boarding school. They actually reminded me of the hippie bands I used to go see back then like Phish, The Samples, Big Head Todd and Dave Mathews Band. It was a good show.

Oh, as we were leaving the show, Keiffer Sutherland walked in. I couldn't believe it because my boyfriend loves the t.v. show 24 and makes me call him Jack Bauer on Monday nights. Crazy,huh? Anyway, we were both so excited. Apparently, Keifer has started his own record label and the band with Rocco Deluca who's album he is producing also played that night after we left. My boyfriend really wants to do the soundtrack for 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment