Sunday, July 19, 2009

Madonna & The Black Crowes



After ruffling through my wall of CD's, I was reminded of the last Madonna and The Black Crowes concerts I attended. I wrote my reviews of them a while ago, but thought they were worth reprinting. Here they are:

All that I am going to say about Madonna is that I have never and will never pay to see her in concert. Yeah, I was a material girl back when the lace hair berets and multiple rubber bracelets were in style and danced in my bed room to "lucky star" and "like a virgin" for hours on end in 1985, but that doesn't mean that I need to stay devoted to a rude ungrateful rock star who doesn't appreciate her fans. The two times that I have seen her she was rude to the audience and acted like her fans should all be grateful to spend $500 on a ticket to see her. I've seen Mariah Carey 3 times in concert and Cher once and would go back to see either of them 10 times more than I would see Madonna. Enough about her.

The Black Crowes I saw at the Greek Theatre in Hollywood. I didn't know anything about them or their music before I saw them last month. All I knew was that the lead singer was married to one of my favorite actresses, Kate Hudson. I thought they were o.k.. I definitely felt like I was back in prep school or college at a Phish show with the scent of whisky and pot fumigating throughout the bleachers. The only song that I recognized was their 70's remake of "Up on Cripple Creek" by The Band. It was a nice night out, so we stayed for most of the show, but I am not in a rush to see them again and was disappointed to not even have a Kate sighting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment