Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Paradise lost


Just returned to LA after an amazing vacation at our 2nd home on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. I'm still on aloha time (this is what my sister and I call it, because the locals all seem to move on their own time & there is no rushing), which I don't mind much when I'm there. It seems after every visit, I have been enlightened by the islanders and their beliefs, ideals and passion for the environment.

As I get back into the swing of things here, I am surrounded by my 3 lovable babies, my dog, Bella and Siamese cats, Jarvis and Shania. My boyfriend named the cats after musicians (He has a record label). I am getting back to working on my fiction novel and listening to my latest cd of the newest releases by my favorite artists, Ben Lee, The Rescues, Zac Brown Band, Tamarama and Jesse Malin.

I'm looking forward to this long Memorial day weekend and bringing Bella to the only dog-friendly beach near me in Malibu, the Leo Carrillo beach off the PCH.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful vacation! Is there any room in that second home for guests? :) Maybe next time.
    Congrats on the new blog and have fun at the beach this weekend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete